Apple: OS X
Alternative: Microsoft Windows
Internet Explorer is a hot security mess and entire countries are banding together to keep Windows XP not only alive, but secure, yet Windows continues to just bludgeon Apple on desktops and in offices.
Windows 7 and Windows XP are embedded in more than 75% of all personal computers worldwide, according to web metrics firm Net Applications. Add Windows 8 and Vista and that share swells to about 90%. How's OS X doing? All versions combined add up to little more than 7% of the total. That's super awesome if your main competitor is Linux (1.6% living open and easy), but when your latest update is only one percentage point ahead of Windows Vista -- the official operating system of people who hate themselves -- no amount of pro-design spin can make that look good.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV