Rite Aid today announced that The Rite Aid Foundation is making a $40,000 donation to the American Red Cross to help the victims, families and communities affected by the severe weather that occurred in the southeast earlier this week.
The Rite Aid Foundation is donating $25,000 to the American Red Cross – West Alabama chapter, which serves Bibb, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Lamar, Pickens, Sumter and Tuscaloosa counties; $10,000 to the American Red Cross – South Mississippi chapter, which serves Harrison, Hancock, Jackson, Pearl River, Stone, George, Greene, Perry, Forrest, Lamar, Marion, Jefferson Davis and Covington counties; and $5,000 to the American Red Cross – Frederick E. Turnage chapter, which serves northeastern North Carolina including Nash, Wilson, Edgecombe, Halifax and Northampton counties.
“Our hearts go out to the victims, families and communities affected by the tornadoes and storms that crossed the southeastern part of the country earlier this week,” said Ken Martindale, Rite Aid president and chief operating officer and president of The Rite Aid Foundation. “The Rite Aid Foundation has a history of helping our communities and customers in their time of need, and we hope that our donation to the American Red Cross brings aid and comfort to those who need it most.”
Rite Aid operates more than 340 stores in Alabama, Mississippi and North Carolina.Since its inception in 2001, The Rite Aid Foundation has awarded grants totaling more than $17 million to more than 1,300 organizations nationwide. For more information on The Rite Aid Foundation, visit www.riteaid.com. Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains with nearly 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2014 annual revenues of $25.5 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company's website at www.riteaid.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV