GAAP results show total revenues increased 31% to $253.9 million, compared to $193.7 million in the first quarter of last year.
Net income jumped 16% to $75.1 million, compared to $64.7 million in the first quarter of 2013. Net income per diluted share was up 14% to 88 cents, compared to 77 cents a year ago.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 18.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FLEETCOR TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FLEETCOR TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.37 versus $2.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.95 versus $3.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the IT Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 13.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $60.07 million to $68.12 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 63.85% to $167.67 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FLEETCOR TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.39%.
- The gross profit margin for FLEETCOR TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.31%. Regardless of FLT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FLT's net profit margin of 26.66% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FLT Ratings Report