NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Rentokil Initial plc (RTOKY) are up 2.71% to $10.22 after the the pest control and hygiene group reported a 6% increase in year-on-year pre-tax profit to 19.3 million pounds for the first three months of 2014.
Revenues declined -5.7% per cent to 412.3 million pounds, while operating profit fell -1% to 38.8 million pounds.
New CEO Andy Ransoml is targeting acquisitions this year and said growing its North American pest business is a big focus, the Financial Times reports. It also looks to buy more pest control companies in Latin America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV