LOS ANGELES, May 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- One participant described the experience as: "This is crazy." Another was left speechless, while a third said: "I would never imagine a four-door car could do this." All three were part of a new Nissan marketing campaign titled "Ride of Your Life" that highlights the 2014 Nissan Altima, one of the top-selling cars in the U.S. The campaign was created to drive traffic to ChooseNissan.com and create excitement leading into Nissan's model year-end national sales event.
"The 'Ride of Your Life' campaign shows off the performance DNA that lives inside every Nissan and will help engage consumers nationwide, creating positive, lively conversation online and in person as we enter upon our year-end sales event," said Jon Brancheau, vice president, marketing communications and media, Nissan North America, Inc. "With a blend of performance, technology, superior fuel economy and more, Nissan vehicles are intended to give drivers the ride of their lives."
In a TV spot slated to launch next week, Nissan intends to deliver a powerful message that the Altima is undoubtedly the most exciting sedan on the road. Led by director Brent Jones of Humble, production designer Page Buckner ( Transformers, Spiderman, Iron Man 2) and event managers from Match Action, participants (real people, not paid actors) were selected to receive rides around the Horse Thief Mile at Willow Springs Raceway in what was marketed as "Nissan's most advanced Altima racecar."
The catch? The vehicle was actually a standard Altima dressed as a racecar. When the vehicle – which looked, sounded, smelled, felt and performed like a racecar – was stripped of its dressing following the ride, participants were shocked, left only to look at each other in disbelief. They couldn't believe a sedan could feature such dynamic and inspiring performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV