NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- InvenSense (INVN - Get Report) was falling -4.4% to $19.69 Friday after missing analysts' estimates for earnings in the fiscal fourth quarter and issuing a soft guidance for the fiscal first quarter.
For the fiscal fourth quarter InvenSense posted earnings of 7 cents a share, missing the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 10 cents a share by 3 cents. Revenue grew 6.9% year-over-year to $59 million in the quarter, while analysts expected revenue of $57.42 million
Looking to the fiscal first quarter the company expects EPS of 7 cents to 8 cents a share, while analysts expect 16 cents a share. InvenSense forecasts revenue of $63 million to $66 million, below analysts' estimates of $69.1 million.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates INVENSENSE INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INVENSENSE INC (INVN) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and premium valuation." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.43, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.18 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, INVENSENSE INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: INVN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts