NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Visteon Corp. (VC - Get Report) are up 1.80% to $89.02 after the auto parts maker said it would sell most of its automotive interiors business to private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP as it focuses on its fast-growing climate control and electronics operations, Reuters reports.
The sale price wasn't disclosed.
The business contributed about $1 billion to the company's 2013 sales of $7.4 billion, Reuters said.
- VC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, VC has a quick ratio of 1.65, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, VISTEON CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1294.59% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.25% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: VC Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts