NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Compass Point upgraded Amtrust Financial (AFSI - Get Report) to "buy" from "neutral" and set a $49 price target. The firm believes management can continue to deliver solid growth.
The stock was up 3.4% to $43.33 at 9:32 a.m. on Friday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES as a "buy" with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES (AFSI) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- AFSI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 55.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 30.30% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AFSI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES has improved earnings per share by 14.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES increased its bottom line by earning $3.68 versus $2.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.75 versus $3.68).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 142.72% to $310.66 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMTRUST FINANCIAL SERVICES has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.52%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AFSI Ratings Report