NEW YORK, May 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities and shareholder rights law firm, announces that it is investigating the acquisition of R.G. Barry Corporation (NASDAQ: DFZ). The private equity firm Mill Road Capital, which owns 9.8% of R.G. Barry, will acquire the remaining shares of R.G. Barry that it does not already own for only $19 per share.
The investigation concerns whether the board of directors of R.G. Barry engaged in a full and fair auction and process to insure that shareholders received the maximum value for their shares. Indeed, analysts have projected that the true going forward inherent value of the company is worth at least $21 per share. Further, Mill Road has agreed to vote its 9.8% stake in favor of the merger.
If you are a shareholder of R.G Barry and would like additional information as to how the acquisition may affect your rights as a shareholder, please call us at no cost at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV