"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
-- Dr. Suess
1. First, let's look at NiSource, an energy holding company that provides natural gas, electricity and other products and services. It operates through three segments: gas distribution operations, Columbia Pipeline Group operations, and electric operations. NiSource traded positive on Thursday, closing up 1.93% to $37.02 per share.It is currently at $36, up 10% for the year to date.
- Thursday's range: 36.35 - 37.17
- 52-week range: 27.11 - 37.17
- Thursday's volume: 2,437,167
- 3 month average volume: 2,030,070
NiSource is an amazing chart -- and there aren't many charts like this anymore. It's good for swing traders and long-term investors alike. NiSource has been in a major uptrend since March 2009, like the overall market. NiSource has had so few major corrections.
NiSource reported positive earnings on Wednesday and shares traded up as a result. I would like an entry inside Thursday's candle, say between $36.35 and $37.15. Any entry below yesterday's high would be a good entry. Shares will likely consolidate for a few days since shares traded up to the top of the current trend channel Thursday. I'd set a stop as low as $34.84. I like to start with a quarter position, add and another to that position on strength, and on pullbacks.
The sentiment is clear with NI. Stay long. Investors love it. Expect it to rise and fall with the market, and watch your profits grow.
2. Next up is PolyOne. The company provides specialized polymer materials, services, and solutions with operations in specialty polymer formulations, color and additive systems, plastic sheet and packaging solutions, and polymer distribution. PolyOne traded positive on Thursday, closing up 0.48% to $37.65 per share. Shares are currently close to $39 and are up 10% for the year to date.
- Thursday's range: 36.67 - 38.42
- 52 week range: 22.00 - 39.28
- Thursday's volume: 1,451,832
- 3 month average volume: 872,769