- 3D perceptual and printing tools bring entertainment creativity to manufacturing reality - 3DS' Gentle Giant Studios brings movie magic to the story on screen and at home
ROCK HILL, S.C., May 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that CEO Avi Reichental will be speaking at the Motion Picture Association of America's (MPAA) Creativity Conference in Washington, D.C. on May 2. The "Creativity Conference" is hosted in partnership by the MPAA, Microsoft and ABC News, and convenes leaders in entertainment, politics, technology, media and government to discuss how creativity is impacting technology breakthroughs and the American economy.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=25103At the conference Reichental will deliver a keynote on the role of 3D printing in the entertainment industry today and what the future could look like for connected digital-to-physical story telling. Other speakers at the conference include Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.; Amy Powell, President of Paramount Television, Insurge Pictures & Digital Entertainment; and Lisa Rawlins, Vice President Public Affairs at Warner Bros. Entertainment; Sean Bailey, President of Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production; and Morgan Spurlock, documentary filmmaker. The conference will be live-streamed on ABC.com. Today, 3DS' design, scanning and 3D printing technologies are widely used for visual effects (VFX) to scan actors, props and locations, populating the virtual worlds that filmmakers' create for blockbuster films. 3D printing is becoming a crucial element for manufacturing authentic assets (collectible figurines), such as 3DS' 3DMe application, to the US and world markets as consumer products for the multi-billion dollar entertainment merchandising industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV