After calculating warrants, employee options, convertible preferred stock, restricted stock and the latest underwriting options, the shares outstanding could approach 200 million. Talk about dilution. Wow.
If Plug Power doesn't demonstrate a clear path to operational profitability when it reports second-quarter earnings on May 14, the easiest path is lower.
Also, if shareholders become spooked that another offering is needed, expect the price to get cut in half once again.
In the meantime, you may want to consider taking some profits off the table. If the earnings report is good, the shares will move slightly higher, but if the company guides at a trajectory of anything less than stellar, it's going to be ugly.At the time of publication, Weinstein had no positions in securities mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV