Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE:GVA) announced today that it has been awarded a $34 million highway improvement project by the Arizona Department of Transportation. Granite expects to book the project into backlog during the second quarter of 2014.
Located in Tucson, the project consists of widening 6.3 miles of the existing State Route 77 roadway by adding one lane in each direction. Scope of the improvements will also include two wildlife crossings, pedestrian pathway improvements, new raised medians, retaining and noise walls, traffic signal modifications, the addition of turn lanes, pavement markings, signing and other related work. Materials to be used on the project includes 140,000 tons of aggregate base, 123,000 tons of asphalt paving, 23,000 linear feet of storm drain, 62,000 square feet of reinforced concrete retaining walls and 61,000 square feet of masonry noise walls.
Construction is scheduled to start in the second quarter 2014 and is estimated to be complete by third quarter 2015.
About GraniteThrough its offices and subsidiaries nationwide, Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) is one of the nation’s largest infrastructure contractors and construction materials producers. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects, including transportation, industrial and federal contracting, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery. Granite is an award-winning firm in Safety, Quality and Environmental Stewardship, and has been honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for five years in a row. For more information, visit www.graniteconstruction.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV