A.M. Best has commented that the financial strength rating of A (Excellent) and the issuer credit ratings of “a” of the property/casualty subsidiaries of XL Group plc (XL) (Ireland) [NYSE:XL], led by XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd (Hamilton, Bermuda) are unchanged. The outlook for the FSR is stable, and the outlook for the ICRs is positive.
A.M. Best has reviewed the recently announced transaction that involves the retrocessions of certain life reinsurance business and has concluded that there is no impact to the ratings. A.M. Best notes, the impact of Best’s Capital Adequacy Ratio (BCAR) is considerably lower than the actual book value loss and has little consequence in the claims paying ability of the company. XL’s management team has implemented strategies that support and promote an enhanced risk management culture, and they continue to focus on property/casualty underwriting as the key component of the organization’s business approach.
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.
A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV