- The European Commission approved COMETRIQ ® (cabozantinib) for the treatment of adult patients with progressive, unresectable locally advanced or metastatic medullary thyroid cancer in January 2014. Additionally, the Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products recommended maintenance of orphan drug designation at the time of marketing authorization.
- The Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC) for COMET-1, the phase 3 pivotal trial of cabozantinib in advanced metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) with the primary endpoint of overall survival, completed its planned interim analysis and recommended the trial proceed to its final analysis. Exelixis anticipates top-line results from COMET-1 in 2014.
- Appointed Jeffrey J. Hessekiel, J.D. as executive vice president and general counsel. Mr. Hessekiel is a veteran legal professional with more than a decade of corporate and commercial experience specific to the biopharmaceutical industry, most of it gained in senior roles at Gilead Sciences.
- Net product revenue from COMETRIQ sales was $4.9 million for the first quarter of 2014.
- Entered into an amendment to the company's financing arrangement with Deerfield Private Design Fund, L.P. and Deerfield Private Design International, L.P. (collectively, Deerfield) in January 2014 to provide the company with an option to extend to July 1, 2018 from July 1, 2015, the maturity date of the indebtedness incurred by the company under the financing arrangement.
- Completed an underwritten public offering of 10,000,000 shares of common stock in January 2014, raising net proceeds of approximately $75.6 million after deducting the underwriting discount and estimated offering expenses.
Exelixis Announces First Quarter 2014 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.