Net earnings were $149 million, or 92 cents per diluted share, compared to $166 million, or $1.02 per diluted share a year ago.
Consolidated segment profit for the quarter was $268 million, compared to $294 million in the first quarter of 2013.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 3466.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.57% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- FLUOR CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FLUOR CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.06 versus $2.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.40 versus $4.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Construction & Engineering industry. The net income increased by 3956.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.33 million to $166.80 million.
- FLR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.10, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, FLUOR CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FLR Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts