Kite Realty Group Trust (NYSE: KRG) (the “Company”) announced today operating results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014. Financial statements and exhibits attached to this release include results for the three months ended March 31, 2014 and 2013.
“Significant progress on investments in properties and robust operations resulted in another excellent quarter,” said John A. Kite, Chairman and CEO. “Our portfolio fundamentals and operating results continue to be very strong. We achieved strong same property net operating income growth of 4.7% driven by healthy occupancy gains, additional rent related to increased tenant sales, and positive re-leasing spreads. We are also continuing to add value for our shareholders as we progress on redevelopments and developments such as the construction at Gainesville Plaza in Florida and Phase II of Holly Springs Town Center in North Carolina. Finally, we remain tremendously excited about our pending merger transaction with Inland Diversified Real Estate Trust, which once completed will more than double our size, increase our cash flow and strengthen our balance sheet. Overall, we are very pleased with our outstanding first quarter and start to 2014.”
- As adjusted for $4.5 million of merger costs, Funds From Operations (FFO), was $17.5 million, or $0.13 per diluted common share, for the first quarter of 2014.
- Net income was $2.2 million, or $0.02 per diluted common share, for the first quarter of 2014, compared to a net loss of $0.1 million, or $0.00 per diluted common share, in the first quarter of 2013.
- Revenue from recurring property operations increased 55% in the first quarter of 2014 over the first quarter of 2013.
For the three months ended March 31, 2014, FFO was $12.4 million, or $0.09 per diluted common share for Kite Realty Group, L.P.’s real estate properties in which the Company owns an interest (which we refer to as the “Kite Portfolio”), compared to $10.6 million, or $0.14 per diluted common share, for the same period in the prior year. As adjusted for costs associated with our pending merger with Inland Diversified Real Estate Trust, FFO for the three months ended March 31, 2014 was $17.5 million, or $0.13 per diluted common share for the Kite Portfolio, compared to $11.6 million, or $0.14 per diluted common share, for the same period in the prior year. Other property-related revenue was higher in the first quarter of 2013 by $2.8 million, or $0.03 per diluted common share, reflecting a gain on the sale of a single outparcel in that quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV