CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CEO Lynn Good discussed Duke Energy's 2013 performance, future growth strategies and actions taken on coal ash management at the company's annual shareholders' meeting today.
Good also fielded questions on a range of topics during a one-hour portion of the meeting dedicated to shareholder inquiries and comments.
Shareholders overwhelmingly re-elected all 15 members of Duke Energy's board of directors who were up for re-election. Term length is one year.
Two members of the current 17-member member board – William Barnet and Philip Sharp – were not up for re-election because they are retiring from the board, per the company's director retirement policy and corporate governance principles.Shareholders approved two management proposals:
- "Amendment to Duke Energy Corporation's amended and restated certificate of incorporation to authorize shareholder action by less than unanimous written consent."
- "Advisory vote to approve Duke Energy Corporation's named executive officer compensation."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV