LOS ANGELES, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Pictures Television, one of the television industry's leading content providers, garnered 48 Daytime Emmy Award nominations today, with nods for Outstanding Drama Series for both Young and The Restless and Days of our Lives, the fifth consecutive nomination for Outstanding Talk Show/Informative for The Dr. Oz Show and for Dr. Oz himself as Outstanding Talk Show Host and nominations for Outstanding Game Show for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! among others.
The Dr. Oz Show, which will be entering into its sixth season in September, was nominated for Outstanding Talk Show/Informational for the fifth consecutive year. The Dr. Oz Show production team is led by executive producers Mindy Borman and Amy Chiaro. This is also Dr. Mehmet Oz's fifth nomination as Outstanding Talk Show Host. The show received a nomination as well for Outstanding Directing in a Talk Show/Morning Program.
The Dr. Oz Show, which is currently seen in 118 countries worldwide, debuted domestically in 2009 with the biggest ratings in nine years in daytime television. Cleared in over 99% of the country , The Dr. Oz Show is co-produced by Harpo Productions and Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and distributed by SPT.
Sony also received multiple daytime Emmy nominations for their perennial favorite soap operas – The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives, earning a total of 40 noms for the two shows, including a leading 26 nominations for Young and the Restless and 14 nominations for last year's Outstanding Drama Series, Days of our Lives.Nominations for Y&R Include:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV