3 Tips You Must Read Before Buying That Winery
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We've all been there. After a great bottle of wine or delightful day spent visiting a vineyard, we've all thought, "I could do this." At one time or another, many of us have taken the next step and checked out owning our own winery or vineyard.
It is happening as the number of wineries in the USA is soaring, along with consumption around the world. I know I have: I went so far as to start my own blog about wineries. For those thinking about investing in a winery, here are three critical considerations to keep in mind.
1. There are great wines everywhere.
Talking only about wines from France is a clear indication of how little a person knows. Every state in America now produces wine. That means there are great wines everywhere.
I just had a fine Viognier at a winery outside of Greenville, South Carolina. Upstate New York around the Finger Lakes is producing outstanding Rieslings. If you are a red wine fan, go to Montelle Winery in Augusta, Missouri for the Chambourcin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV