LONG ISLAND, N.Y., May 1, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Manhattan Bridge Capital, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOAN) announced today total revenues for the three month period ended March 31, 2014 were approximately $609,000 compared to approximately $534,000 for the three month period ended March 31, 2013, an increase of $75,000 or 14%. The increase in revenue represents an increase in lending operations. In 2014, approximately $507,000 of our revenue represents interest income on secured, commercial loans that we offer to small businesses compared to approximately $445,000 for the same period in 2013, and approximately $102,000 represents origination fees on such loans compared to approximately $90,000 for the same period in 2013. The loans are principally secured by collateral consisting of real estate and, generally, accompanied by personal guarantees from the principals of the businesses.
Income from operations for the three month period ended March 31, 2014 was approximately $316,000 compared to approximately $258,000 for the three month period ended March 31, 2013, an increase of $58,000 or 22.5%. This increase in income from operations is primarily attributable to an increase in revenue, offset by an increase in interest expense resulting from the Company's use of a line of credit in order to increase its ability to make loans.
Net income for the three month period ended March 31, 2014 was $0.05 per basic and diluted share (based on 4.256 million shares and 4.287 million shares, respectively), or approximately $208,000 versus net income of $0.04 per basic and diluted share (based on 4.283 million shares and 4.296 million shares, respectively), or approximately $173,000 for the three month period ended March 31, 2013, an increase of approximately $35,000.As of March 31, 2014 total stockholders' equity was approximately $9,062,000 compared to approximately $8,893,000 as of December 31, 2013, an increase of $169,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV