May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) has been recognized by the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) as a national leader in solar power. PG&E is included in SEPA's seventh annual "Utility Solar Rankings" report, which measures a utility's newly installed solar power connected
between January 1 and December 31, 2013. For the sixth consecutive year, PG&E earned a first-place ranking in the
Solar Megawatts category with more than 1,400 megawatts installed. PG&E was also ranked sixth in the
Solar Watts-Per-Customer category.
"We are firmly committed to renewable energy and solar is a vital part of California's energy mix," said Steve Malnight, PG&E's vice president of Customer Energy Solutions. "Given both PG&E's large-scale solar procurement and our customers' ongoing support of solar and other clean technologies, we are confident we will continue to be a renewable energy leader."
PG&E delivers some of the cleanest energy in the nation to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. More than 55 percent of the energy PG&E delivers comes from sources which emit no greenhouse gases. By the year 2020, PG&E expects that number will grow to approximately 64 percent.
"Congratulations to PG&E for being one of the top utilities to integrate solar power and provide clean renewable solar energy as an option for utility customers," said
Julia Hamm, president and CEO of SEPA. "In 2013, U.S. utilities interconnected approximately 4,100 megawatts-ac of solar electric power to the grid, energizing systems that range from a few kilowatts on residential rooftops to utility projects delivering hundreds of megawatts. In total, the amount of solar connected was almost double the amount that was connected in the previous year. SEPA believes that the initiatives of utility leaders like PG&E are critical to the continued growth of this clean and fuel-free resource."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV