3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Utilities Sector
2. As of noon trading, Public Service Enterprise Group ( PEG) is down $0.82 (-2.0%) to $40.15 on heavy volume. Thus far, 3.6 million shares of Public Service Enterprise Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $39.88-$41.35 after having opened the day at $41.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.97. Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated, through its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company primarily in the Northeastern and Mid Atlantic United States. Public Service Enterprise Group has a market cap of $20.5 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Public Service Enterprise Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Public Service Enterprise Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Public Service Enterprise Group Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts