CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy has declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock of $0.78 per share. The dividend is payable on June 16, 2014, to shareholders of record at the close of business May 16, 2014.
This is the 88th consecutive year that Duke Energy has paid a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock.
Duke Energy is the largest electric power holding company in the United States with approximately $115 billion in total assets. Its regulated utility operations serve approximately 7.2 million electric customers located in six states in the Southeast and Midwest. Its commercial power and international energy business segments own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets in the United States.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: duke-energy.com.Media Contact: Tom ShielOffice: 704.382.2355 | 24-Hour: 800.559.3853 Analysts Contact: Bill CurrensOffice: 704.382.1603 Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130322/CL81938LOGO SOURCE Duke Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV