CST Brands, the parent company of Corner Store, today marked its one-year anniversary as a standalone company, celebrating milestones such as building 29 new stores, introducing new signature products and creating the Country Run, a 5K Run/Walk to benefit Big Brothers, Big Sisters and local children’s charities.
When CST spun off of Valero on May 1, 2013, the new company entered the market as one of the largest publicly-traded fuel and convenience merchandise retailers in North America. With nearly 1,900 locations in the U.S. and Canada, CST serves more than 1.4 million customers every day.
Over the past year, CST has achieved solid operational results and strengthened its financial position, reporting revenues of $12.8 billion, net income of $139 million and earnings of $1.84 per share. The company launched its growth initiatives by opening 29 new stores within its first twelve months as a standalone company.
To promote the company’s business strategies, CST adopted a new mission statement, “To Delight More Customers Every Day™,” and has put more focus on supporting CST’s 11,000+ store-based Team Members (employees) so that they can, in turn, continue to provide outstanding service to customers. CST’s Chairman & CEO, Kim Bowers visited 100 stores in her first 100 days in office, and encourages all executives and professional staff spend a certain number of days each year working in stores through a program called Corner Store Time.“Our achievements in our first year of operations have positioned us to grow organically and expand our business to increase our overall customer base, providing a solid foundation for our future,” said Kim Bowers, Chairman and CEO of CST Brands. “For 2014, we are focused on creating even greater value for our shareholders by expanding our footprint, strengthening our Corner Store brand, increasing our operating margins and growing our wholesale business.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV