Copenhagen, May 1, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ALK (ALKB:DC / OMX: ALK B / AKABY / AKBLF) will host an R&D and business briefing for the investment community on Wednesday, 21 May in New York City. The meeting offers an opportunity to learn more about allergy immunotherapy and will highlight the recent advances and future potential for ALK's allergy immunotherapy business.
The agenda will introduce ALK as an emerging specialty pharmaceutical company with a global growth strategy, and will offer a broad introduction to allergy immunotherapy - a unique treatment of the underlying cause of allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma.
The meeting will focus on the growing opportunity for ALK's business in the US market following the recent FDA approvals for two sublingual allergy immunotherapy tablets, GRASTEK (r) and RAGWITEK (tm) , both licensed to Merck for commercialisation in North America. There will also be a dedicated session on the company's forthcoming sublingual allergy immunotherapy tablet for the most prevalent allergy in the world, house dust mite allergy.The meeting will close with a look at opportunities in Japan and other international markets, as well as a summary of R&D efforts to globalise ALK's existing portfolio and to expand into treating allergic asthma. The confirmed presenters include the international key opinion leader in allergy immunotherapy, Professor Moises Calderon, MD from Imperial College London, as well as key ALK executives:
- Jens Bager: President and Chief Executive Officer
- Henrik Jacobi: Executive Vice President, Research and Development
- Soeren Niegel: Executive Vice President, Commercial Operations
- Jose A. Moreno Toscano: President, ALK North America
- Per Plotnikof: Head of Investor Relations and Strategic Planning
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts