Today's Perilous Reversal Stock: Ingredion (INGR)
- INGR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.7 million.
- INGR has traded 61,664 shares today.
- INGR is down 3% today.
- INGR was up 5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INGR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INGR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INGR: Ingredion Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells starch and sweetener ingredients to various industries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. INGR has a PE ratio of 13.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Ingredion a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ingredion has been 524,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ingredion has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.44 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.94 days to cover. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ingredion as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.75, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, INGR has a quick ratio of 1.71, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 52.07% to $257.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INGREDION INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 47.64%.
- INGREDION INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INGREDION INC reported lower earnings of $5.06 versus $5.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.51 versus $5.06).
- INGR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Ingredion Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV