NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Sony Corp. (SNE - Get Report) are down -4.42% to $16.86 after the electronics and entertainment group issued its third profit warning in six months, as the company booked an additional 30 billion yen this year in costs from exiting its unprofitable PC business, the Financial Times reports.
The group also cut its annual operating profit estimate by nearly 70% to 26 billion yen, a drop of nearly 90% per cent year-on-year.
That comes in spite of revenue forecasts being revised slightly upwards to 7.8 trillion yen, the paper noted.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income increased by 468.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$72.42 million to $266.97 million.
- SNE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 26.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, SONY CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SONY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.87%. Regardless of SNE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.29% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SNE Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts