ISELIN, N.J., May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Registration has opened for the 2014 Siemens Competition in Math, Science & Technology, the nation's premier science research competition for high school students. Registration and submission instructions are now available online at www.discoveryeducation.com/siemenscompetition. The deadline for receipt of entries is Tuesday, September 30, 2014 , at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
The Siemens Competition, established in 1998, is a signature program of the Siemens Foundation, administered by Discovery Education. Each year, the program invites high school students nationwide to submit original research projects in math, science and technology for the opportunity to win college scholarships ranging from $1,000 up to $100,000. Students can compete as individuals or as members of a team.
Regional competitions are held at six leading research universities across the country in November: California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Notre Dame and The University of Texas at Austin. Winners of the Regional Finals are invited to present their research to nationally renowned scientists and mathematicians at the National Finals in Washington, D.C. in December.
"The Siemens Competition continues to serve as a platform to showcase exceptional research by high school students," said David Etzwiler, CEO of the Siemens Foundation. "These scholars are creating innovative solutions that address societal needs across STEM disciplines."According to the World Economic Forum, American high school students are falling behind in international science and math scores. The Siemens Competition addresses this societal challenge by inspiring high school students to pursue scientific research and gain valuable skills to meet the nation's current and future workforce needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV