Forum Energy Technologies (FET): Heavy Pre-Market Activity
- FET has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.9 million.
- FET traded 87,306 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:45 AM, representing 14.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FET with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FET NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FET: Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. designs, manufactures, and distributes products to the oil and natural gas industry in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Drilling & Subsea, and Production & Infrastructure. FET has a PE ratio of 20.6. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Forum Energy Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Forum Energy Technologies has been 366,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Forum Energy has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 13.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Forum Energy Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 120.74% to $62.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FORUM ENERGY TECH INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 49.45%.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- FORUM ENERGY TECH INC has improved earnings per share by 11.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORUM ENERGY TECH INC reported lower earnings of $1.37 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.76 versus $1.37).
- You can view the full Forum Energy Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.