- Net income of $75.8 million and Revenue of $551.3 million
- EPS of $0.54 up 74% over Q1 2013
ATLANTA, Ga. May 1, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocwen Financial Corporation, (NYSE:OCN) , a leading financial services holding company, today reported Net income of $75.8 million, or $0.54 per share, for the first quarter of 2014 compared to Net income of $45.1 million, or $0.31 per share, for the first quarter of 2013. Ocwen generated revenue of $551.3 million, up 36% from the first quarter of 2013. Income from operations grew by 24% to $202.1 million for the first quarter of 2014 as compared to $163.6 million for the first quarter of 2013.
Pre-tax earnings on a GAAP basis for the first quarter of 2014 were $89.0 million, a 73% increase as compared to the first quarter of 2013. Ocwen's normalized pre-tax earnings for the first quarter of 2014 were $114.0 million, a 12% increase from the first quarter of 2013. Ocwen incurred a total of $25.0 million in normalized expenses in the first quarter of 2014 that were primarily transition-related expenses.
The following items, not included in normalization, representing a change of $59.4 million should be taken into account when comparing earnings for the fourth quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014.
- There was a $5.1 million loss on the $7.6 billion portion of the mortgage servicing rights ("MSR") portfolio marked at fair value as compared to a fourth quarter 2013 gain of $19.1 million. There was also an MSR impairment reversal of $2.4 million for the fourth quarter. Combined, these changes produced a $26.6 million change quarter-over-quarter.
- Reserves for uncollectible servicing receivables increased by $24.3 million versus an increase of $5.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- The lending segment generated earnings of $0.6 million compared to $14.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2013. The reverse mortgage business posted a $6.3 million loss versus a $0.3 million loss in the prior quarter. Forward lending profit fell from $15.1 million to $6.9 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV