PITTSBURGH, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ANSYS (NASDAQ: ANSS), a global leader and innovator of engineering simulation software, announced today that it has acquired SpaceClaim Corporation, a leading provider of fast and intuitive 3-D modeling software for engineers, for a purchase price of $85 million in cash, plus retention and an adjustment for working capital. The transaction was closed on April 30, 2014. On a non-GAAP basis, the transaction is expected to be neutral to slightly accretive to ANSYS' non-GAAP earnings per share in 2014, and accretive in 2015 and beyond.
Concord, Massachusetts-based SpaceClaim offers the first powerful and easy-to-use 3-D modeling tool that can be utilized by any engineer during the product development process. This process, called "direct modeling," differs dramatically from traditional CAD software, which is used by a relatively small percentage of engineers – typically late in the development process, to document the detailed design. SpaceClaim and ANSYS have partnered in the past to offer customers ANSYS ® SpaceClaim Direct Modeler.
ANSYS' longtime vision is "Simulation Driven Product Development"™, in which organizations can derive tremendous value by harnessing computer simulation early in the design cycle to predict how a product will perform in the real world. With the addition of SpaceClaim, ANSYS will provide customers with a powerful and intuitive 3-D direct modeling solution to author new concepts and then leverage the power of simulation to rapidly iterate on these designs to drive innovation. The broad appeal of the SpaceClaim technology can help ANSYS deliver simulation tools to any engineer in any industry – at the earliest stages of the design cycle. ANSYS has always been an open platform and SpaceClaim's offerings are also CAD-neutral, allowing users to modify geometries regardless of the system in which they were created.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV