Generac Holdings Inc. (NYSE: GNRC) (the “Company”), a leading designer and manufacturer of power generation equipment and other engine powered products, today reported financial results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2014.
First Quarter 2014 Highlights
- Net sales were $342.0 million as compared to $399.6 million in the first quarter of 2013.
- Commercial & Industrial (C&I) product sales increased 23.8% to $157.4 million as compared $127.1 million in the prior-year first quarter, due to a combination of acquisitions and continued organic growth.
- Residential product sales were $164.0 million during the first quarter of 2014 as compared to $255.2 million in the prior year quarter. The prior year first quarter benefitted from elevated demand due to Superstorm Sandy, while the first quarter of 2014 was negatively impacted by colder temperatures and snow cover which delayed installations and slowed demand for home standby generators.
- Net income during the first quarter of 2014 was $34.7 million, or $0.50 per share, as compared to $50.7 million or $0.73 per share for the same period of 2013.
- Adjusted net income, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, was $50.7 million as compared to $83.9 million in the first quarter of 2013. Adjusted diluted net income per share was $0.72 as compared to $1.21 per share in the first quarter of 2013.
- Adjusted EBITDA, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, was $77.5 million as compared to $108.8 million in the first quarter last year.
- Cash flow from operations in the first quarter of 2014 was $36.4 million as compared to $38.3 million in the prior year quarter. Free cash flow, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, was $31.4 million as compared to $33.9 million in the first quarter of 2013.
- For the trailing four quarters, including the first quarter of 2014, net sales were $1.428 billion; net income was $158.6 million; adjusted EBITDA was $371.3 million; cash flow from operations was $258.0 million; and free cash flow was $226.7 million.
“We are pleased with our overall financial results for the quarter as they were in line with our expectations. Shipments of residential products during the first quarter were more typical of the seasonality we historically see in winter months, which was magnified in the current season with heavy snow and colder temperatures delaying installs of residential standby units, ” said Aaron Jagdfeld, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Shipments of C&I products were again strong during the quarter as a result of continued organic growth and the contribution from recent acquisitions. Through a combination of our internal growth initiatives and M&A activity, we remain focused on driving a new and higher baseline of demand for our products, while also becoming a more diversified company with improved global scale.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV