Ballard Files Base Shelf Prospectus
VANCOUVER, April 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BLD) has announced filing of a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus (Prospectus), which provides the flexibility to make offerings of securities during the effective period of the Prospectus, until June 2016. The final short form base shelf prospectus is expected to be filed prior to expiry of the existing shelf prospectus, which was filed in April 2012.
The Prospectus has been filed in each of the provinces and territories of Canada, except Quebec, and a corresponding shelf registration statement on Form F-10 (Registration Statement) was also filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These filings, when made final and effective, will enable offerings of securities up to an aggregate initial offering price of US$100 million at any time during the 25-month period that the Prospectus remains effective.
The Registration Statement has been filed with the SEC, but is not yet effective. Securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the Registration Statement becomes effective. After the Registration Statement becomes effective, a copy of the Registration Statement and a copy of the Prospectus contained therein can be obtained by contacting Ballard at 9000 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5J 5J8, Attention: Kerry Hillier, Corporate Secretary. Copies of the Prospectus and the Registration Statement are also available at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov, respectively.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities, nor will there be any sale of the securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV