Green Dot Corporation (NYSE:GDOT), today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014.
For the first quarter of 2014, Green Dot reported $159.3 million in GAAP total operating revenues and $0.33 in GAAP diluted earnings per share. On a non-GAAP basis, Green Dot reported growth of 4% year-over-year in non-GAAP total operating revenues 1 to $161.7 million and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share 1 of $0.42.
"Green Dot generated solid top line and bottom line results in Q1. In addition to posting our third sequential quarterly uptick in active cards, we also benefited from increasing operating efficiencies and an increasing mix of higher margin revenue generated from better customer usage behavior on our products. Despite a highly competitive market for prepaid cards, we believe the Green Dot brand and the overwhelming preference for our products continues to help drive our business forward,” said Steve Streit, Green Dot Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
GAAP financial results for the first quarter of 2014 compared to the first quarter of 2013:
- Total operating revenues on a generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) basis increased 3% to $159.3 million for the first quarter of 2014 from $154.1 million for the first quarter of 2013
- GAAP net income was $15.3 million for the first quarter of 2014 versus $15.6 million for the first quarter of 2013
- GAAP basic and diluted earnings per common share were $0.34 and $0.33, respectively, for the first quarter of 2014 versus $0.36 and $0.35, respectively, for the first quarter of 2013
- Non-GAAP total operating revenues 1 increased 4% to $161.7 million for the first quarter of 2014 from $155.8 million for the first quarter of 2013
- Non-GAAP net income 1 was $19.3 million for the first quarter of 2014 versus $18.5 million for the first quarter of 2013
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share 1 were both $0.42 for the first quarters of 2014 and 2013
- EBITDA plus employee stock-based compensation expense and stock-based retailer incentive compensation expense (adjusted EBITDA 1) increased 10% to $37.7 million, or 23.3% of non-GAAP total operating revenues for the first quarter of 2014 from $34.2 million, or 22.0% of non-GAAP total operating revenues for the first quarter of 2013
|1||Reconciliations of total operating revenues to non-GAAP total operating revenues, net income to non-GAAP net income, diluted earnings per share to non-GAAP diluted earnings per share and net income to adjusted EBITDA, respectively, are provided in the tables immediately following the consolidated financial statements of cash flows. Additional information about the Company's non-GAAP financial measures can be found under the caption “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below.|
|Number of cash transfers||11.67||11.44||11.43||11.32||11.25|
|Number of active cards at quarter end||4.72||4.49||4.41||4.39||4.49|
|Gross dollar volume||$||5,290||$||4,405||$||4,396||$||4,425||$||5,072|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV