- Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry sales were up 19 percent. Sales included strong increases in the dealer channel, with continued strength in repair and remodel volume and mix. Operating income before charges/gains increased 34 percent to $20 million.
- Plumbing & Accessories sales were even with the prior-year quarter, with growth in the U.S. wholesale channel and China. Operating income before charges/gains increased 1 percent.
- Advanced Material Windows & Door Systems sales were up 5 percent. Entry doors sales were up 8 percent and windows sales were even to prior year. Operating income before charges/gains for the segment increased 3 percent.
- Security & Storage sales increased 3 percent. Within the segment, security sales increased 4 percent and tool storage sales were up 2 percent. Segment operating income before charges/gains was down 2 percent.
Fortune Brands Reports Sales And EPS For Q1; Updates 2014 Annual Outlook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.