NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Noodles & Company
(NDLS) shares are down -13.5% to $32.86 in trading on Wednesday following the release of the company's first quarter earnings report.
The company reported a year over year quarterly revenue increase of 10% to $89.5 million, missing analysts estimates of $102.9 million in revenue.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
The casual restaurant company posted earnings of 5 cents per share, in line with analysts estimates.
The company reported that company-owned comparable restaurant sales were down -1.4%, franchisee sales were down -3.6% and overall sales were down -1.6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV