Second-cheapest 2014 SUV: Jeep Compass
Base price: $19,590
The Compass compact SUV offers car buyers the Jeep brand's legendary off-road capabilities for a sub-$20,000 sticker price.
"If you're a weekend warrior who lives to go off-road, the compass can be equipped to handle that," Clarke says.He adds that the model boasts unusually comfortable front seats, as well as some cool amenities. For instance, the Compass comes standard with a household-style 115-volt power outlet and built-in rechargeable flashlight. That said, Clarke says the Compass "isn't necessarily the strongest pick in its segment." After all, base models come standard with just front-wheel drive, manual transmission and a so-so 158-horsepower four-cylinder engine. Adding automatic transmission will cost you around $1,200 extra, while a package of all-wheel drive and a 172-horsepower four-cylinder engine will set you back some $2,000. Serious outdoor enthusiasts will also want to spend another $650 or so for an off-road package of skid plates, all-terrain tires and other upgrades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV