Fourth-cheapest 2014 SUV: Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Base price: $20,295
This compact SUV's list of standard features includes some amenities rare for its price range, from a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty to Mitsubishi's Fuse system of voice-activated electronics.
"It's pretty impressive that even the cheapest Outlander Sport comes standard with cool things like voice-activated controls," Clarke says.The expert adds that the model offers a "very smooth and quiet ride, even on rough pavement." That said, the lowest-priced Outlander Sport comes with just front-wheel drive, a manual transmission and a mediocre 148-horsepower four-cylinder engine. You can add all-wheel drive and continuously variable automatic transmission for around $1,300 apiece, but even top-of-the line Outlander Sports don't offer stronger engines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV