NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (RBGLY) are lower -1.28% to $16.21 after the company said it's no longer in active talks to buy the consumer health unit of Merck & Co. (MRK), saying the purchase doesn't meet its investment criteria, Bloomberg reports.
Bayer AG (BAYRY) is proposing a deal for the unit that could include some of the German company's health-care assets in addition to paying cash, sources told Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV