Strong And Under The Radar: Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG)
- HIG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $151.1 million.
- HIG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HIG has a PE ratio of 103.2.
- HIG is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- HIG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HIG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HIG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HIG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HIG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIG: The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and financial services to individual and business customers primarily in the United States and Japan. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. HIG has a PE ratio of 103.2. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Hartford Financial Services Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hartford Financial Services Group has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hartford Financial Services Group has a market cap of $15.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are down 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hartford Financial Services Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES turned its bottom line around by earning $0.54 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.63 versus $0.54).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 600.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- HIG, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 21.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.35, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Hartford Financial Services Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.