- Consistent effects were seen across key measures of disease activity (gadolinium (gd)-enhancing, T2 hyperintense and T1 hypointense lesion activity) and effects seen after two years of treatment were sustained at year three.
- During the third year of follow-up, more than 70% of patients were free of MRI activity indicative of acute inflammation, defined as gd-enhancing or new or enlarging T2 hyperintense lesions.
- T2 lesion volumes, which reflect the combined burden of permanent brain injury and new lesion formation, increased from year two to three but remained below pre-treatment baseline.
- The rate of atrophy, as measured by brain parenchymal fraction, already reduced after two years, continued to slow in the third year of follow-up.
- Approximately 80 percent of patients treated with Lemtrada did not receive a third course of treatment in the first year of the extension.
Slowing Of Brain Atrophy And Reductions In New Multiple Sclerosis Lesions Sustained At Three Years In Patients Treated With Genzyme’s LemtradaTM
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.