NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of BNP Paribas SA (BNPQY) are down -3.90% to $37.20 after it was reported that the France-based bank faces fines of about $2 billion as well as criminal charges for violating U.S. economic sanctions against several countries including Iran, sources say, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The bank could still avoid criminal charges if U.S. authorities agree to settle allegations as part of a deferred prosecution agreement, the Journal said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV