- Jeff Angeletti, Dominion East Ohio, Canton, Ohio, has spent nearly two decades helping to renovate and rebuild houses for low-income, elderly, veteran and physically-challenged homeowners. What started for Angeletti as a handful of "Christmas in April" home renovations in 1996 has grown into a board chairmanship role with the Akron "Rebuilding Together" chapter, which serves more than 300 homeowners a year.
- Lola Ausby, Dominion North Carolina Power, Roanoke Rapids, N.C., has spent decades as a volunteer working to better her community of Garysburg, N.C. Ausby has served as a Garysburg town commissioner every year but one since 1984, declining to accept the stipend that accompanies the position. She also serves as mayor pro-tem, finance officer and budget officer. In her spare time, Ausby has served 35 years as a firefighter and secretary with her local fire department, and is active with her church as well.
- Joann Ball, Dominion North Carolina Power, Kitty Hawk, N.C., has served as the point person for local Dominion volunteer projects for more than 30 years. Whether she's organizing a fundraiser for March of Dimes, purchasing Christmas gifts for needy children or rallying employees to repair the storm-damaged home of a coworker, Ball is the 'go-to' volunteer to get things done in Kitty Hawk.
- Bob Doniel, Dominion Virginia Power, Fredericksburg, Va., excels in organizing volunteer projects that have left a positive mark in Virginia. Doniel coordinates a massive effort to lay wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery each year. He also spearheaded an employee/Boy Scout contingent to eradicate invasive tree species at Mason Neck State Park in Lorton, and is a project leader for Dominion's annual "Putting Our Energy to Work for the Environment" program.
- Elsie Harris, Dominion Virginia Power, Virginia Beach, Va., lives out her commitment of cheerful service in her community each day. From donating and collecting school supplies and clothing, to visiting nursing home residents, to planning a major landscaping project at a local school, Harris is there to help when needed. Harris also is a strong youth mentor who has opened her doors and sheltered many young people who are homeless or abused.
- Phyllis Hinterer, Dominion Energy, Weston, W.Va., is passing on her love for the fun learning and leadership experiences of the 4-H club. Hinterer contributes thousands of hours as a 4-H leader, using 200 hours of vacation time each year to volunteer at the West Virginia State Livestock Roundup. She has earned 4-H All Star recognition for her service to the organization and the young people it serves.
- Melinda Whitehead, Dominion East Ohio, Akron, Ohio, was inspired by her father to give the gift of time to people in need. She has been involved with projects to renovate a resident for formerly homeless veterans, to landscape parts of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, distribute backpacks with school supplies to needy students, and more. She also coaches an inner-city girls' soccer team and works with Boys and Girls Clubs.
Dominion Celebrates 30-Year Legacy Of Volunteers Serving Neighbors, Improving Communities
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.