New York Community Bancorp (NYCB) Is Today's Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Stock
- NYCB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.1 million.
- NYCB has traded 896,033 shares today.
- NYCB traded in a range 793.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.96.
- NYCB traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 307 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 307 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NYCB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NYCB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NYCB: New York Community Bancorp, Inc. operates as a multi-bank holding company for New York Community Bank and New York Commercial Bank that offer banking products and financial services in New York, New Jersey, Florida, Ohio, and Arizona. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.1%. NYCB has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate New York Community Bancorp a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for New York Community Bancorp has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. New York Community has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 9.8% with 16.72 days to cover. Shares are down 5.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates New York Community Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for NEW YORK CMNTY BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.14%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.57% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $47.30 million or 23.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 23.78%, NEW YORK CMNTY BANCORP INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 323.12%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 29.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full New York Community Bancorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.