NEW YORK, April 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Scholastic today announced the launch of Storia® School Edition, a subscription-based ebook solution for Pre-K through Grade 6, for group and individual classroom reading, and Core Clicks™, a web-based instructional program for Kindergarten through Grade 5 that supports content area reading in social studies and science.
Storia School Edition eBooks for Group and Independent ReadingA one-year subscription to Storia School Edition grants a school access to a carefully curated library of 2,000 well-known fiction and nonfiction ebooks for Pre-K-Grade 6. Titles cover an optimal range of Guided Reading and Lexile Levels for each grade and include recognizable fiction, award-winning literary classics, and engaging nonfiction to meet every student's reading level and interests. Storia School Edition supports concurrent usage within a school, allowing multiple students to access the same titles simultaneously.Storia School Edition features that support classroom reading include:
- A balanced library of fiction and nonfiction titles to introduce students to a variety of text types;
- Storia Close Reads, short informational articles and literary passages, provide opportunities for text marking and finding textual evidence related to story, structure, and point of view;
- Grade-appropriate dictionaries to build vocabulary;
- Reading Challenge comprehension quizzes;
- Highlighting and note-taking tools to help students focus their ideas; and
- Pronunciation tools and natural-voiced Read-to-Me audio in younger titles.
- A "three read" approach in which students read, analyze, and discuss the text while building key skills and vocabulary with each read-through;
- Interactive exercises, quizzes, and video content to reinforce skills and learning; and
- Varying levels of text complexity on topics ranging from Monsters of the Deep to Hurricane Hunters and Living History that are sure to keep kids wanting more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts