April 30, 2014
- New VNXe3200 shatters the simplicity and efficiency of entry-level storage – supporting 3X the number of virtual machines as the previous generation VNXe in the same small footprint.
- EMC announces 'Project Liberty', previews future virtualized storage software based on VNX that leverages the functionality and user experience of VNX, while uniquely delivering new levels of freedom to deploy applications with cloud-like agility in a software-defined data center.
- EMC adds Data-At-Rest-Encryption – EMC D@RE – to the VNX Series, providing the capability to encrypt data written to disk and eliminate data access from unauthorized drive removal.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today added new products and capabilities to the industry-leading VNX
Family of hybrid storage solutions, including a new entry-level VNXe3200 storage array. The new VNXe3200 is 3X more efficient than previous
solutions, and is based on the VNX Series that was
launched in September 2013
. Powered by EMC
(Multicore optimization) and
(Fully-Automated Storage Tiering) software, the new VNXe is designed to unleash the power of Flash, thereby accelerating virtual applications and file performance by 3X compared to its predecessor in the same small footprint. The new VNXe3200 supports major unified protocols – including Fibre Channel. It builds upon the trademark ease-of-use that VNXe is designed for across the entire storage lifecycle - from setup to management to support.
By leveraging MCx and the FAST Suite, the new VNXe system exceeds previous VNXe solutions in power, efficiency, and ease-of-use. The VNXe technology highlights include:
- Turbocharging mixed workloads by supporting 3X more virtual machines, 3X more virtual desktops, 3X more Microsoft SQL transactions and 3X more Exchange mailboxes.
- Simplified management with the ability to setup NAS or SAN in under 15 minutes with EMC Unisphere ®. Users can also manage and deploy Microsoft applications 3X faster. There is also a new "get help anywhere" support feature through EMC Connect Proactive Support, as well as "set it and forget it" functionality through automated tiering with FAST, eliminating the need for manual performance tuning.
- More power in a small and efficient footprint. The new VNXe system supports hundreds of virtual machines and virtual desktops in just a 2U configuration. It reduces capacity requirements by up to 50% with thin provisioning and file deduplication, and leverages space-efficient snapshot technology to easily create copies of production data directly from Unisphere.
The VNXe3200 is also available in new VSPEX
Proven Infrastructures, which delivers up to 125 virtual machines and 500 virtual desktops in a VNXe3200. These new VSPEX solutions can store up to 2,000 Exchange mailboxes and over 20,000 SharePoint users.
The VNXe3200, which starts at under
, will be available in the second quarter of 2014 primarily through EMC's global channel partners. The VNXe3200 is supported by the EMC Business Partner Program, which offers a complete set of partner-ready collateral, Express Solution bundles, and VSPEX reference architectures for simplified ordering, selling, and support.
EMC Unveils 'Project Liberty'
Today EMC also announced 'Project Liberty', virtualized storage software that is based on the industry-leading VNX Family. Project Liberty leverages the rich data services and ease-of management that VNX provides today, and offers this in a variety of flexible deployment models, whether on a virtual server or in a hybrid cloud for example, to meet varied and changing workloads and service levels.