HOPKINTON, Mass, April 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- New VNXe3200 shatters the simplicity and efficiency of entry-level storage – supporting 3X the number of virtual machines as the previous generation VNXe in the same small footprint.
- EMC announces 'Project Liberty', previews future virtualized storage software based on VNX that leverages the functionality and user experience of VNX, while uniquely delivering new levels of freedom to deploy applications with cloud-like agility in a software-defined data center.
- EMC adds Data-At-Rest-Encryption – EMC D@RE – to the VNX Series, providing the capability to encrypt data written to disk and eliminate data access from unauthorized drive removal.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today added new products and capabilities to the industry-leading VNX ® Family of hybrid storage solutions, including a new entry-level VNXe3200 storage array. The new VNXe3200 is 3X more efficient than previous VNXe ® solutions, and is based on the VNX Series that was launched in September 2013. Powered by EMC ® MCx ™ (Multicore optimization) and EMC FAST ® (Fully-Automated Storage Tiering) software, the new VNXe is designed to unleash the power of Flash, thereby accelerating virtual applications and file performance by 3X compared to its predecessor in the same small footprint. The new VNXe3200 supports major unified protocols – including Fibre Channel. It builds upon the trademark ease-of-use that VNXe is designed for across the entire storage lifecycle - from setup to management to support.
By leveraging MCx and the FAST Suite, the new VNXe system exceeds previous VNXe solutions in power, efficiency, and ease-of-use. The VNXe technology highlights include:
- Turbocharging mixed workloads by supporting 3X more virtual machines, 3X more virtual desktops, 3X more Microsoft SQL transactions and 3X more Exchange mailboxes.
- Simplified management with the ability to setup NAS or SAN in under 15 minutes with EMC Unisphere ®. Users can also manage and deploy Microsoft applications 3X faster. There is also a new "get help anywhere" support feature through EMC Connect Proactive Support, as well as "set it and forget it" functionality through automated tiering with FAST, eliminating the need for manual performance tuning.
- More power in a small and efficient footprint. The new VNXe system supports hundreds of virtual machines and virtual desktops in just a 2U configuration. It reduces capacity requirements by up to 50% with thin provisioning and file deduplication, and leverages space-efficient snapshot technology to easily create copies of production data directly from Unisphere.