DETROIT, April 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company delivering a new generation of application performance management (APM), today announced the findings of a global survey of 740 senior IT professionals' concerns about cloud computing adoption. Download the complete survey report here .
Tweet this: Study from @CompuwareAPM reveals 79% of IT pros think cloud provider SLAs are lacking. 73% fear they hide problems! http://cpwr.it/wahmN
The study, which was conducted by independent research and consulting firm Research In Action, found that the majority of IT professionals (79%) believe that typical service level agreements (SLAs) built around availability are too simplistic and fail to address the risks of moving and managing applications into the cloud. Additionally, 63% of respondents indicated there is a need for more meaningful and granular SLA metrics that are geared towards ensuring the continuous delivery of a high quality end-user experience. When asked which metrics they would most like to see as part of their SLAs with cloud service providers, the top three responses were:1. Response time and quality for every end user interaction; 2. Availability based on deep continuous monitoring; and 3. Real-time SLA reporting. The findings also revealed that:
- Nearly three quarters (73%) of businesses believe their cloud providers could be hiding problems at an infrastructure or platform level that impact on the performance of applications.
- 60% of respondents expressed further anxiety that other, co-located tenants consuming difficult to partition resources impact their own workload performance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts