Before the bell, shares have spiked 18.9% to $116.17.
In a statement, the company said its household products and personal care divisions will split into independent companies. The separation is expected to be completed in the second half of the 2015 fiscal year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.32, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.46 versus $6.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.03 versus $6.46).
- 49.52% is the gross profit margin for ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ENR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.68% trails the industry average.
- ENR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ENR Ratings Report