Trade-Ideas: Energizer Holdings (ENR) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- ENR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.5 million.
- ENR traded 42,528 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:20 AM, representing 10.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ENR: Energizer Holdings, Inc. manufactures and sells primary batteries, portable lighting, and personal care products worldwide. It offers household and specialty batteries, including carbon zinc, alkaline, rechargeable, and lithium batteries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. ENR has a PE ratio of 15.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Energizer Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Energizer Holdings has been 646,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Energizer has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 6.1% with 10.12 days to cover. Shares are down 8.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Energizer Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.32, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.46 versus $6.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.03 versus $6.46).
- 49.52% is the gross profit margin for ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ENR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.68% trails the industry average.
- ENR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Energizer Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.